Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
$15.50 - $20 dollars/hour (DOE) M - F Day Shift
The team member that we hire for this full time Assembly Technician II – III position will be someone that has demonstrated an ability to perform well, think critically, operate as part of a team, and is experienced with working with precision machined parts. Job duties include threaded insert installation, working with epoxies and sealants, part marking, small parts assembly using screws, bolts and rivets, electrical crimping, ect. This is a position for assembling low-volume, high complexity and high sensitivity components that will be used all around the world (and beyond).
· Experience working with precision machined parts, assembly, cleaning, deburr, sanding, lapping, etc.
· Understanding of basic installation processes for hardware such as screws, washers, dowel pins, ect.
· Proficient at using both power and hand tools: Screwdrivers, wrenches, torque drivers, Drills, etc.
· Ability to lift objects up to 50lbs and manipulate them with care and precision
· Fine motor skills and good hand-eye coordination.
· Ability to read and follow work instructions, understand customer specifications, blueprints & drawings.
· Experience working with and mixing glues, epoxies and adhesives a plus.
· Ability to use basic measuring equipment such as calipers, tape measures, gauge pins.
· Computer experience required. Must be able to use company’s MES software to log time against jobs.
· Experience installing HeliCoils a plus.
· Clean room assembly experience a plus.
· Experience with aerospace assembly techniques, hardware and tools a big plus (match drilling, clecos, riveting, ect).
· Preference will be given to candidates with prior machine shop experience.
· Willingness to learn many new skills and take on new tasks
· Reliable and Dependable
· Positive Attitude
· Professional Demeanor and Respectful to people in all situations
· Team Player – Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
· Attention to detail
· 80%+ of work to be completed on benchtop (sit/stand)
· Well lit, clean, quiet environment
· Dedicated 4000 sq. ft assembly area, newly remodeled
· Fully climate controlled
· High mix of work
· Dental and Medical w/vision coverage insurance plans
· STD/LTD & Life insurance plans
· FSA/HSA and DCA available
· PTO and Holiday pay
· Immediate 100% vesting Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions offer up to 4% of wage
· Educational aid program available
· Purchase discounts, membership discounts, and many other incentives
Please Note: Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment – no theft or offence against the person convictions in the past 7 years.