Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Mon. - Friday: 8a - 4:30p $16 - $22 dollars / hour (DOE)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Help Desk Technician provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
– Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all MS Windows based laptops/desktops and all associated peripheral devices
– Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all MS Windows Office 2010-2016 applications and approved software with a good understanding of Outlook and related components
– Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair printers and scanners
– Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all VPN client software
– Configure, diagnose, reload, utilize troubleshoot and repair all WiFi and Aircard applications/appliances and wireless services
– Utilize Active Directory tools to manage and create objects in MS Server 2008-2016
– Utilize remote tools to connect to remote desktops/laptops
– Provide dedicated service to mobile users providing initiation, on-boarding, and management of wireless devices, including smart phones and tablets
– Repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing workstation hardware, operating systems, and applications
– Providing thorough technical support for end users’ applications, workstations, and other computer-related hardware such as, copiers, printers and tablets
– Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining audio/video equipment
– Performing other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
– Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
– Understanding of networking fundamentals
– Problem-solving and good analytical skills
– Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
– Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
– Good organizational skills
– Flexibility and adaptability
– Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
– A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
– A commitment to continuing professional development
– An understanding of compliance issues
– Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles – Identifying and eliminating waste from business processes, bringing improvements in quality, cost and delivery
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar and three to five years of experience preferred
– Proven leadership experience
– Passion for mentoring / training
– Takes charge and doesn’t have issues with making difficult decisions or commitments
– Self-starter / self-motivated / flexible
– Reliable and dependable
– Positive customer focused attitude
– Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
– Honest with good integrity
– Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
– Be a team player
– Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
– Ability to analyze and resolve user needs and problems; interpret and apply information from technical manuals; communicate on technical issues with individuals with varying degrees of computer familiarity; instruct others in the use of computerized information systems; plan, organize, and prioritize the work of self and others
– Works in an office and/or machine shop environment.
– May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs.
– The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
– Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
– The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Must adhere to company safety policies
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
– Flexible paid time off
– Paid medical coverage
– Paid short and long term disability coverage
– 401K with matching funds