Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Exempt / $45K+ Annually (DOE & E)
Job Summary: Manufacturing Engineering/Planning position focuses on evaluation of new machine part opportunities. Use background in precision machining processes to review designs for machined parts and assemblies, establish process work flow, and estimate required process times and labor requirements.
· Technical evaluation, risk analysis, and process flow and estimation of new products.
· Engineering review for at risk jobs.
· Work directly with customer engineering.
· Project Management.
· Tool and fixture design and planning.
· Assist with quality control plans.
· Identification, creation and completion of Corrective and Preventative Actions (CPA’s)
· Participate as member in project teams and continuous improvement teams
· Ensure project plans conform to schedules, manpower & requirements, capital equipment and required tooling & gauging (with related cost estimates) needed for new products
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional areas
· Provide feedback to product designers regarding design improvements based on customer suggestions
· Proactively identify problem areas and organize support for manufacturing with root cause analysis and process improvement that supports a lean environment
· Excellent blue print reading skills and GD&T
Job Qualifications (Abilities, Behaviors, Education, Knowledge & Skills):
· One or more years of experience which provides knowledge of manufacturing and machining processes in light industry
· Strong background in machining preferred.
· Familiar with solid modeling software – SolidWorks, Siemens NX, and/or Mastercam preferred.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal communication and teamwork
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
Self-Starter, Self-Motivated, Flexible, and Organized
Reliable, Dependable, Honest with good integrity, Team player w/ Positive customer focused attitude
Professional demeanor, Respectful to people in all situations, enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment, and Willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: Work in an office environment as well as production environment with exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Occasional local travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires protective equipment and signs a Non-Compete Agreement & an ITAR Compliance document.
Compensation / Benefits:
Competitive and based on experience
Flexible paid time off
Paid medical coverage
Paid short and long term disability coverage
401(k) with matching funds
Profit sharing eligibility
Educational aid program availability