JOB DESCRIPTION: New Product Introduction (NPI) team; machining process development for low to mid volume production parts.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
– Work with NC programming and planning department to develop a repeatable production process including development of setup instructions and in-process inspection requirements.
– CNC machine prove out and sustaining of complex, diverse parts on a range of equipment.
– Overall machining process analysis and troubleshooting of issues.
– Continually audit CNC process for quality and efficiency
– Assistance with the development of machining, inspection and programming standards, including fixture design standard, process improvement and program template input.
– Machine centerline calibration and trouble shooting.
– Communicate and coordinate with floor leads and process owners regarding capacity constraints in production
– Assistance with the development of standardized programming and work holding methods
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
– Must have 7+ years experience in precision horizontal and 5-axis CNC machining
– Expert in reading and editing G&M codes
– Excellent comprehension of GD&T and the ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
– Proficient with multiple metrology tools for checking parts. CMM experience a plus.
– Experience with Haas, Fanuc, Mazak and Okuma controllers
– Ability to characterize material machinability, tool holding, tool cutter presentation and select appropriate coolants for CNC manufacturing
– Other, non-technical skills such as team-building, problem-solving and written and oral communication skills
– MasterCAM and/or Siemens NX experience is a plus
– Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
– Honest with good integrity
– Team player
– Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Flexible / Detail Oriented
– Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
– Reliable and dependable
– Works in an office and machine shop environment.
– May on a continuous basis walk, bend and/or lift up to 50 lbs.
– Day shift position but must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
– The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
– 401K with matching company funds
– Paid medical coverage
– Flexible paid time off
– Paid short and long term disability coverage