Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Mon. - Friday: 9A - 5:30P. Pay range: $13 - $16 dollars/hours
An Industry leader in manufacturing electronic assembly tooling is currently seeking a full-time Assembler to work dayshift. Qualified candidates must possess skills to successfully function in a quick turn, high speed, machine-shop, and possess strong mechanical aptitude/skills. Must be able to follow multiple priorities daily and work well without a lot of direction. A great position as a foot in the door with this growing company.
Job Responsibilities: Included, but not limited to:
· Work with precision machined parts while assembling, cleaning, deburring, sanding & lapping
· Use of power and hand tools; chop saw, drills, Dremel, torque drivers, files, pneumatic sanders, etc…
· Installation of hardware and electro mechanical assemblies
· Preventative maintenance for selected hand held tools
· Maintain, disassemble and reassemble mechanical equipment
· Check parts using basic measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, tape measures and dial gauges
· Manage proper flow of material to remain on production schedule, including priorities as set by team leadership, sales and CAM
· Generate non-conformance reports- NC’s
· Expected to “do it right the first time”
· Other tasks as defined by leadership
Job Qualification/Experience & Technical Skills
· Must have at least 1 year in a production/manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of cutting equipment (band saw, horizontal saw & hand saws)
· Experience using hand measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers and dial gauges, and knowledge of typical machine shop tolerances
· Basic knowledge of math and ability to use a calculator
· Knowledge of material types (6061, Mic 6, 1018 steel, A2 steel) preferred, but not necessary
· Experience installing studs, standoff’s and helicoils, a plus
· Able to read and understand customer spec’s, blueprints and drawings
· Use of Microsoft Office tools
· Self-Starter/Self-Motivated/Flexible/Detail oriented
· Reliable and dependable
· Quality Oriented- “do it right the first time”
· Positive customer focused attitude and outlook
· Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
· Professional demeanor, respectful towards people in all situations and honest with good integrity
· Flexible and willing to help others, as needs and tasks change often
· Attention to detail
· Team Player with strong communications skills.
· Willing to work flex hours as need arises (ie., short overtime notice & Saturday OT)
· Ability to problem solve
Standing, reaching, bending down & over, squeezing, and lifting throughout an 8 hr/shift. Constantly lifting up to 10 lbs- must ask for help in lifting over 35 lbs.
Typically sitting while doing actual assembly- up to 6 hrs/day
Noise level in production is low to moderate, although using an air nozzle and the Water Jet cutting noise can be high pitched for a few seconds
In summer, temperatures can reach 90+ degrees- fan cool for employees
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed
The physical demands described above, represent those met by an employee to successfully perform the essentially functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Holidays & Vacations
Flexible paid time off- PTO
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.
Please don’t apply, if you don’t have experience working in a production/manufacturing environment and don’t possess strong mechanical aptitudes/skills background.