Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
The Spaceflight Hardware Inspector - Level 2 in the Ascentec Spaceflight division will be responsible to ensure the highest of standards are upheld during the manufacturing, assembly and shipping of advanced spacecraft hardware. Swing Shift position: M - F (2:00P - 10:30P). Pay range: $15 - $24 dollars per hour and $1 dollar per hour shift differential
Maintaining the integrity of our components and holding to exacting standards requires the ability to rapidly learn new inspection processes as well as succinctly identify and document any shortfalls in product quality. The Inspector has direct responsibility for the critical measurements made, as well as for new inspection process development. This role can implement new processes and equipment for measurements with the oversight of a Level 3 or Lead inspector. The optimal candidate has a passion for quality improvement, corrective action implementation, as well as for expanding access to human spaceflight. This role has significant growth opportunity, and is part of a rapidly developing, dynamic organization that directly supports commercial access to space. Technical excellence, as well as stellar interpersonal team skills, are key attributes of top candidates.
Join our mission of pushing humanity’s boundaries deep into space.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but not limited to, the following:
· Receiving, In-process and Final inspections on spaceflight parts, including parts that are mission-critical on human-rated spacecraft.
· Primary operator for the dedicated metrology equipment – CMM, Optical comparator etc.
· New process and equipment evaluation, under direction from leaders.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· Ability to read, understand, and interpret customer-provided aerospace mechanical prints including advanced GD&T
· Basic experience with a wide variety of metrology equipment including CMM, Optical comparator, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, bore gauges, etc.
· Clear or Corrected vision allowing Visual Product Inspections, which include Surface Cosmetics of Plated/Painted and bare material parts
· Experience with operating manual or automated CMM a strong plus
· Must demonstrate the ability to generate clear and concise Non-conformance Reports
· Able to work overtime
· Flexible work hours
· Preference will be given to candidates with prior machine shop or aerospace assembly experience
· Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Flexible / Detail Oriented
· Up-To-Date computer skills in all Microsoft Office products
· Reliable and dependable
· Positive customer focused attitude
· Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
· Honest with integrity beyond reproach
· Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
· Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change
· Team player, with demonstrated capability of strong collaboration