Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Monday - Friday: Day Shift Hours $13 - $17 dollars/hour (DOE)
An Industry leader in manufacturing electronic assembly tooling is currently seeking a Water Jet Operator & Sawyer, to work dayshift. Qualified candidate must possess skills to successfully function in a quick turn, high speed, machine shop, and able to cut material to specific sizes according to production needs. Must be able to follow priorities and work well without a lot of direction.
Job Responsibilities: Included, but not limited to:
· Maximize production for CNC’s, while cutting standard parts
· Set up and run a variety of custom machined fixtures, mostly in small quantities (multiple changeovers)
· Record material used daily and responsible for inventory management of area
· Preventative maintenance for water jet machine and saw
· Check parts using basic measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, tape measures and dial gauges
· Manage proper flow of material to remain on production schedule, including priorities as set by team leadership, sales and CAM
· Create 2D geometry, using Intelli-MAX layout software to cut blanks on water jet.
· Generate non-conformance reports- NC’s
· Overtime is available on occasion, including weekends, and could be required
· Expected to “do it right the first time”
· Other tasks as defined by leadership
Job Qualification/Experience & Technical Skills
· Must have 1 year in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of cutting equipment (band saw, horizontal saw & hand saws)
· Experience using hand measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers and dial gauges, and knowledge of typical machine shop tolerances
· Basic knowledge of math and ability to use a calculator
· Knowledge of material types (6061, Mic 6, 1018 steel, A2 steel) preferred
· Inventory management
· Use of Microsoft Office tools
· Self-Starter/Self-Motivated/Flexible/Detail oriented
· Reliable and dependable
· Positive customer focused attitude and outlook
· Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
· Quality Oriented- “do it right the first time”
· Honest with good integrity
· Professional demeanor and respectful towards people in all situations
· Flexible and willing to help others, as needs and tasks change often
· Team Player
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to problem solve
Standing, reaching, bending down & over, squeezing, and lifting throughout an 8 hr/shift. Constantly lifting up to 50 lbs- must ask for help in lifting over 35 lbs.
Noise level in production is low to moderate, although using an air nozzle and the Water Jet cutting noise can be high pitched for a few seconds
A CNC Operator/Machinist will get machine lubricant/coolant & water on hands, arms and body
In summer, temperatures can reach 90+ degrees- fan cool for employees
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed
The physical demands described above, represent those met by an employee to successfully perform the essentially functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Holidays & Vacations
Flexible paid time off- PTO
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.
Please don’t apply, if you don’t have experience working in a production/manufacturing environment and have never operated large equipment- Water Jet, lathes, mills and CNC Machine experience preferred.