Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
$80K - $100K Annually (DOE)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ascentec Engineering (www.ascenteceng.com), a privately owned manufacturing firm, is seeking a senior systems and network administrator to oversee its IT infrastructure.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
– Management, strategy, and execution of IT infrastructure.
– Interface with contract managed service provider.
– Manage IT related help tickets and escalations, ensuring system up time and availability (24×7).
– Configure and install hardware including servers, workstations, laptops, security appliances, routers, switches, and other networking and office equipment as necessary
– Configure and manage Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, group polices, DHCP, DNS, and other server roles to conform with best practices and to meet security requirements
– Configure, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot various storage appliances and devices, using different connectivity types and protocols for assorted applications within networks
– Plan, document, and execute projects for software, hardware, and service upgrades
– Perform detailed network-wide assessments and provide recommendations to correct issues with existing software and hardware configurations, security issues, and other recognized problems
– Directly manage a team of IT technicians and software developers
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
– Bachelor of Science in information technology, computer science, or information science (or equivalent 4 year degree) strongly preferred
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in and managing a Windows Server environment, preferably a virtualized environment utilizing Hyper-V
– Experience with SQL Server and database management
– Experience managing and troubleshooting Cisco and Meraki devices including security appliances, firewalls, ISRs, switches, and access points
– Strong understanding of networking terminology, ideologies, and standards including routing, ACLs, VLANs, NAT and PAT
– Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Flexible / Detail Oriented
– Reliable and dependable
– Positive customer focused attitude
– Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
– Honest with good integrity
– Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
– Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
– Team player
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
– Flexible paid time off
– Paid medical coverage
– 401K with matching company funds