Website Ascentec Engineering
$18 - $24 an hour
Ascentec Engineering, the leader in tooling and fixturing for the PCBA electronics industry, is seeking a motivated and independent candidate to join our production team. A successful candidate will excel in problem solving, process improvement, be self-starting, and be able to lead a team of approximately 10 CNC operators who, as a team, will contribute to the growth and success of the division.
Qualified candidates must possess the skills necessary to successfully function in a quick turn, high-speed machine shop. This position presents a great opportunity for someone with strong mechanical aptitude/skills, attention to detail, and a history of leadership, with many avenues for career growth. This is a Day Shift position but will require occasionally changing shifts to provide training and leadership to swing and graveyard teams.
Job Responsibilities: Included, but not limited to:
· CNC setup and operation; tech tools, load programs and set/adjust work/tool offsets accordingly. Haas, Fanuc and Okuma controls
· Be the leader of 10 CNC Production Team – answer questions, provide training, monitor metrics & hours, ensure daily goals are met, buy-off of machine setup and part quality
· Follow directions from Production Supervisor and ensure team is properly trained and equipped
· Read prints and inspect parts for conformance, typically +/- .005 tolerance
· Check parts using basic measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, and depth gauges
· History of leadership
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Self-motivated requires little direct supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
· Able to multitask and manage multiple task simultaneously
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Reliable & Dependable
· Positive Attitude and ability to talk to team members of all levels respectfully
· Trade school and/or at least one-year experience in the manufacturing environment preferred
$18.00 – $24.00/hr. DOE
Medical & Dental Insurance
Paid Holidays & Vacations
Paid short-term & long-term disability coverage
Flexible paid time off
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.