Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Ascentec Engineering LLC. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible to ensure the highest of standards are upheld during the sourcing and manufacture of advanced hardware and assemblies. The optimal candidate has a passion for Quality Improvement and Corrective Action implementation. This role has significant leadership opportunity and is part of a rapidly growing, dynamic organization. Technical excellence, as well as stellar interpersonal team skills, are key attributes of top candidates.
• Lead/Facilitate Shop Floor Quality Improvement activities that include conducting Floor audits and training machinists on how to inspect their in-process parts effectively and efficiently
• Co-Chair Material Review Board (MRB) investigation/disposition process that include Root Cause/Corrective Action activities while maintaining minimal NC closure times
• Facilitate Corrective & Preventive Action (CPA) activities that include monitoring/tracking open CPA activities assigned to others while working with CPA action owners to rapid closure and escalating when necessary
• Read and interpret customer drawings that include GD&T and multi-level Bills Of Materials
• Perform advanced manual inspections with gauging tools and perform visual product Inspections
• Solve practical problems in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, including Team building and Collaboration
• Create/refine Manufacturing Work Instructions and Quality Inspection plans
• Submit Customer First Article, Final inspection reports and drawing/specification change requests
• Record, Trend and present Quality performance/SPC data
• Create/refine Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Lead Customer escapes containments and Root Cause Corrective Action utilizing advanced problem-solving techniques
• Provide training to employees on Quality related topics
• Interface with Customer Quality and Engineering Reps
• Conduct Source Inspections and schedule contracted Source inspections where necessary
• Audit internal and supplier processes where necessary
• Makes the final decision on acceptability of product
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a US Citizen or have a US Permanent Resident Green Card
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science required with an emphasis in Engineering from an accredited four-year institution.
• ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and / or CQIA (Certified Quality Improvement Associate) desired
• 5-15 years of relevant Quality Engineering experience in the Aerospace and/or Semiconductor Machining and Assembly industry
• Experience developing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures for the inspection of manufactured products
• Self-Starter, Self-Motivated, Flexible, and Organized
• Reliable, Dependable, Honest with good integrity, Team player w/ Positive customer focused attitude
• Professional demeanor, Respectful to people in all situations, enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment, and Willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
Work in an office environment as well as production environment with exposure to noise, liquid grinding coolant mist and vapor, dust and lubricants managed through an exhaust system. Occasional local travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires protective equipment and signs a Non-Compete Agreement & an ITAR Compliance document.
Compensation / Benefits:
$63,000-$87,000 yearly+ (DOE & E)
• Competitive and based on experience
• Flexible paid time off
• Paid medical coverage
• Paid short and long term disability coverage
• 401(k) with matching funds
• Profit sharing eligibility
• Educational aid program availability
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER