Ascentec Engineering, LLC.
Ascentec Engineering is looking to hire full time Assembly Technician employees. We are looking for very talented people to work supporting a team of talented assembly technicians by improving the way they work and the tools available to them. This position requires critical thinking, attention to detail, keen ability to understand complex parts and assemblies and the ability to apply creative thinking to challenging problems. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience with 3D mechanical design tools and their application to solving real-world challenges.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who possesses a self-starting attitude, the desire to grow, and start a career with a dynamic and exiting company working to support number of world-changing technologies. Experience working with aerospace and or spaceflight components a big plus.
Ascentec Engineering was founded locally in 2001 by a team of engineers with a diverse background in various manufacturing processes. Their preliminary mission to design innovative and productivity-enhancing tools/fixtures, ultimately supported the technological changes within the industry throughout the past decades. From this experience, Ascentec Engineering sustained the mission of providing high value, innovative, and expeditious tooling, and parts solutions unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Tualatin, Oregon, Ascentec has expanded to other continents with offices and facilities in India and Malaysia and now expanding to Dallas, Oregon.
- 2D/ 3D CAD experience (AutoCAD, Inventor, Solidworks, ect.)
- Understanding of manufacturing processes such as milling, turning, sawing, additive, ect.
- Ability to read and understand customer specifications, blueprints & drawings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience with basic hand tools, screwdrivers, torque drivers, wrenches, ect.
- Problem solving abilities, able to apply critical thinking skills to find innovative solutions
- High School Diploma or GED, college or technical school a plus
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to lift objects up to 50lbs
Skills or Experience Preferred
- Experience working in a machine or fabrication shop environment
- Designing and creating assembly aids, tools, fixtures, ect.
- Experience with 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Technical writing or process documentation experience
- Basic electronics experience, familiarity with microcontrollers, industrial controls, and pneumatic systems
- Technical drawing experience, understanding of GD&T tolerancing
- Familiarity with Design-for-Manufacturability concepts
- Understanding of ISO 9001 quality management system principals
- Understanding of aerospace hardware installation (Riveting, Hi-loks, Nut plates Etc).
- Automotive assembly or repair experience, electro mechanical assembly or clean room assembly experience are all a plus
- Should be proficient at using both power and hand tools: Saws, Drills, Dremel, Torque Drivers, etc.
- Experience installing studs, standoffs & helicoils is a plus
- Fabrication experience using mills, lathes, welders, ect
- Honest with Excellent Integrity
- Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Self-Directed – Always striving to improve
- Willing to learn, grow and gain experience
- Communicates well with peers
- Reliable and Dependable
- Positive Attitude
- Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
- Team Player – Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
- Attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay range: $16 – $24 an hour (DOE)
- Flexible schedule options
- Dental and Medical w/vision coverage insurance plans offer
- STD/LTD & Life insurance plans offer
- FSA and DCA available
- PTO and Holidays pay
- Immediate 100% vesting Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement saving plan with matching contributions offer
- Educational aid program available
- Purchase discounts, membership discounts, and many other incentives
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment – no theft or offense against the person convictions in the past 7 years.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.