Ascentec Engineering, the leader in tooling and fixturing for the PCBA electronics industry, is seeking a motivated and independent candidate to join our assembly production team. A successful candidate will excel in problem-solving, process improvement, be self-starting, and contribute to the growth and success of the division.
Multiple positions open for Assembly Technicians Level I (entry-level) for our day and early swing shifts. Ability to work Tuesday – Saturday preferred but not required. Training provided.
Job Responsibilities: Including, but not limited to:
- Working with precision machined parts while assembling, cleaning, deburring & sanding
- Use of power and hand tools: chop saw, drills, Dremel, torque drivers, files, pneumatic sanders, etc.
- Installation of hardware and electromechanical assemblies
- Preventative maintenance for selected handheld tools
- Checking parts using basic measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, and dial gauges
- Other tasks as defined by leadership
Job Qualification/Experience & Technical Skills
- 1 year in a production/manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience installing rivets, studs, standoff’s and Heli coils, a plus
- Able to read and understand project specifications, blueprints and drawings
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Critical Thinker and Ability to Problem Solve
- Self-Starter/Self-Motivated/Flexible/Detail oriented
- Reliable and dependable
- Detail Oriented and Quality Oriented – “do it right the first time”
- Positive customer-focused attitude and outlook
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Professional demeanor, respectful towards people in all situations, and honest with good integrity
- Flexible and willing to help others, as needs and tasks change often
- Team Player with strong communications skills.
- Willing to work flex hours as need arises (e.g. short overtime notice & Saturday OT)
- Standing, reaching, bending down & over, squeezing, and lifting throughout an 8 hr/shift. Constantly lifting up to 10 lbs- must ask for help in lifting over 35 lbs.
- Typically sitting while doing actual assembly- up to 6 hrs/day
- Noise level in production is low to moderate, although using an air nozzle and the Water Jet cutting noise can be high pitched for a few seconds
- The physical demands described above, represent those met by an employee to successfully perform the essentially functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- $15.00 – $19/hr DOE
- 90 Day Temporary to Hire, after passing probation, benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k match
- Paid Holidays & Vacations
- Flexible paid time off- PTO
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.