If you are the top technical leader in your shop and are looking for a way to advance your career then you should apply for this position. We are looking for the best of the best multi-axis CNC programmers/NPI set-up machinists across the nation to assemble a team of elite CNC Applications Engineers to join a newly formed NPI technical center of excellence with new state-of-the-art equipment located on the West Coast.
As a technical expert on CNC programming, machining and processes, this individual contributor / technical expert level engineer will write / refine programs, design work holding and fixturing, perform set-up operations and develop machining operations for new products and programs. In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with implementing advanced machining processes, equipment / tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the new product introductions for Aerospace and High-Tech Semiconductor market segments. Work is performed in the NPI center of Excellence where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised. A high level of independent decision making, and autonomy is necessary however work is conducted within an elite team of subject matter experts for collaboration when needed.
- Create, enhance &/or troubleshoot CNC programs using MasterCam / NX / Esprit or other software
- Conduct prove out tests and inspections of new products, services and software systems
- Provide technical support for solving machining issues
- Evaluate product and process change proposals for cost and timing impact
- Provide technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Write technical reports / proposals as required
- Prepare & present status updates to leadership
- Maintain constant contact with support team from others outside the work group
- Collaborate with design engineers on DFM requirements, options and trade offs
Job Qualifications – Abilities, Behaviors, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Engineering degree or equivalent job-related experience required. Master’s degree a plus
- Ten plus years’ experience in a CNC machining production environment with at least two years of experience at the Operations or General Manager level position, demonstrating organizational leadership experience
Basic Knowledge Required:
- Program creation includes, but is not limited to: tool path simulation, posting of program, tool setup instructions and tool library updates
- Can demonstrate deep understanding and experience in Print Reading, GD&T, Tool Selection, Speeds & Feeds and Fixturing Design to create new part manufacturing setups
- Evaluate existing CNC programs, fixtures, tooling and machining processes periodically.
- Identify and implement process improvements to optimize quality, productivity and cost
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in process engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability and communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, diverse and significantly complex projects concurrently
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output / efficiency
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Able to complete responsibilities in a timely, professional and quality manner
- Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
- Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
- Sets and demonstrates a high degree of integrity
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data management software
Physical Demands & Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: Continually required to sit, stand, talk and hear. Works in an office environment and in the production environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires a Non-Compete Agreement & an ITAR Compliance document.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive and based on experience.
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid medical coverage
- Paid short and long term disability coverage
- 401(k) with matching funds
- Profit sharing eligibility
Ascentec Engineering LLC. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR Compliant Organization