Ascentec Engineering, LLC.
Are you looking to get hands-on experience in the manufacturing field? Ascentec Engineering is looking to hire full time Entry Level Machined Component Finishing Technician I – IV employees. This position is a great fit for someone that shows the ability to apply dexterity, care and a critical eye when finishing critical and complex components used all over the world, and beyond… The position involves creation of both cosmetic and critical finishes on parts that will be utilized in the semiconductor, electronic, automotive, and aerospace industries.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who possesses a self-starting attitude, the desire to grow, and start a career with a dynamic and exiting company working to support number of world-changing technologies. Experience working with aerospace and or spaceflight components a big plus.
Ascentec Engineering was founded locally in 2001 by a team of engineers with a diverse background in various manufacturing processes. Their preliminary mission to design innovative and productivity-enhancing tools/fixtures, ultimately supported the technological changes within the industry throughout the past decades. From this experience, Ascentec Engineering sustained the mission of providing high value, innovative, and expeditious tooling, and parts solutions unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Tualatin, Oregon, Ascentec has expanded to other continents with offices and facilities in India and Malaysia and now expanding to Dallas, Oregon.
Machined Component Finishing Technician I – IV Position Requirements:
- Comfortable handling and working around metal and plastic machined parts up to 50lbs while minimizing risk of damage
- Strong hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain consistency from part to part
- Ability to effectively use files, sandpaper, pneumatic/ electric sanders, and deburring knives
- Ability or willingness to learn customer standards and interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of hardware installation such as Heli coils and pins a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior fabrication experience (manufacturing, construction, etc.)
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior machine shop experience
- Ability to use MES (manufacturing execution software) to log time to jobs, read notes and report issues
- Experience working with aerospace components a huge plus.
- Valid driver’s license
Machined Component Finishing Technician I – IV Personal Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and a willingness to be part of a team. Learn, teach, and improve each other’s skills and abilities
- Honest with Good Integrity
- Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Self-Directed – Always striving to improve
- Provides positive feedback and assists in continual improvement
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Professional Demeanor and Respectful to people in all situations
- Team Player – Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
- Attention to detail
- Willing to flex hours as needed (i.e., short notice overtime)
Machined Component Finishing Technician I – IV Compensation and Benefits:
- Flexible Schedule Options – Positions open for Day, Swing and Weekend shifts
- Dental and Medical w/vision coverage insurance plans offer
- STD/LTD & Life insurance plans offer
- FSA and DCA available
- PTO and Holidays pay
- Immediate 100% vesting Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement saving plan with matching contributions offer
- Educational aid program available
- Purchase discounts, membership discounts, and many other incentives
Multiple Shifts Available
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment – no theft or offense against the person convictions in the past 7 years.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.