Ascentec Engineering LLC. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization.
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT Technician provides support to end-users for computer, application, system, device, access, and hardware issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
Qualified candidates can apply directly on the company’s website at https://ascenteceng.com/careers/
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including
systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless
access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network
• Network security experience.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
• LAN and WAN experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
• Self-starter / self-motivated / flexible
• Reliable and dependable
• Positive customer-focused attitude
• Honest with good integrity
• Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
• Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
• Works in an office and/or machine shop environment.
• May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs
• May crawl under desks, climb ladders, run wires
• Must adhere to company safety policies
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
– $22 – $26 dollars per hour (DOE)
– Flexible paid time off
– Paid medical coverage
– Paid short and long term disability coverage
– 401K with matching funds
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check – no theft or offence against the person convictions in the past 7 years.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.