ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
Growing manufacturing company/machine shop has an immediate position for a lead millwright
technician. This position is primarily responsible for day-to-day preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and calibration activities on a variety of machinery and equipment including CNC mills and lathes. Additional responsibilities include facilities maintenance and continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
LOCATION: Dallas, Oregon
- Troubleshoot and repair a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems commonly found on Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the facility. Improve the working environment of your coworkers by adding or changing facility services or equipment.
- Assist in the delivery, placement, and installation of new capital equipment in the facility. Coordinate OEM technicians and third party contractors as needed.
- Ensure that all equipment is in a safe condition to operate. Verify that all equipment that is down for repair or in an unsafe condition is locked-out and tagged-out.
- Use factory documentation, third party resources, and technical experience to troubleshoot and replace faulty components or parts, and source replacements.
- Perform day-to-day preventative maintenance activities on a wide variety of equipment ranging from HVAC units to complex standalone machinery.
- Track, perform, document and complete maintenance tickets within an ISO 9001 compliant database system.
- Ensure that CNC equipment is calibrated in accordance with internal standards. Perform annual calibration tasks on multi-axis CNC mills, lathes, and EDMs as required.
- Respond quickly to machine failures or conditions that are resulting in a loss of productivity.
- Train and mentor peers.
- Self-starter/ capable of operating efficiently without direct supervision
- Positive and dependable
- 3+ years in machinery/ facilities maintenance.
- Experience working with a variety of CNC equipment from manufactures such as: FANUC, Mazak, Haas, Okuma, YCM, and others.
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems, circuit breakers, PLCs, relays, and other common industrial electrical components.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, flow controls, pumps, valves
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings, schematics, and other materials.
- Familiar with ISO 9001. Capable of utilizing, improving, and developing maintenance and process documentation.
- Familiar with common shop hand tools, measurement tools (dial indicators, calipers, micrometers, ect.) and power tools. Can use tools safely and effectively.
- Welding experience (MIG/ TIG) is a plus, but not required.
- Forklift/ manlift experience a plus, but not required.
- Day shift (8:30AM – 5PM) Monday through Friday. Some overtime/ weekends may be required.
- Capable of working in tight or confined workspaces.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Comfortable working at elevated heights (24’ max) as required.
- $17-30/hr DOE
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid medical coverage
- 401K with matching company funds up to 4% of pay