Ascentec Engineering, LLC.
Growing manufacturing company/machine shop has an immediate position for a Maintenance Technician. This position is primarily responsible for day to day preventative maintenance, repairs, and support on a variety of CNC machinery and equipment, management of cutting fluid systems and metal recycling program. Additional responsibilities include facilities maintenance and continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems commonly found on Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties and maintain various oil levels in CNC machine tools and support equipment.
- Perform facilities maintenance and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintenance and repair of facility support equipment including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, compressed air and cold-water systems.
- Assist in the delivery, placement, and installation of equipment within the facility.
- Follow company policies and safety procedures.
- Use factory documentation, third party resources, and technical experience to maintain various machine tools and support equipment.
- Self-starter/ capable of operating efficiently without direct supervision.
- Positive and dependable.
- Ability to work as an individual as well as with others in an effective team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings, schematics, and instructional documents.
- Familiar with common hand tools and power tools. Ability to use tools safely and effectively.
- Welding experience (MIG/ TIG) is a plus, but not required.
- Forklift/ manlift experience a plus, but not required. Valid driver’s license is required.
- Regular full-time shift and some overtime.
- Capable of working in tight or confined workspaces.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable working at elevated heights (24’ max) as required.
- $18.00-$35.00/hr DOE
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid medical coverage
- 401K with matching company funds
- Production Bonus program
Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment – no theft or offence against the person convictions in the past 7 years.
ITAR REQUIREMENTS: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR HERE.
Ascentec Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Ascentec Engineering is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Ascentec Engineering’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (503) 925-1942.