Ascentec Engineering, LLC.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Network Technician provides support to end-users for computer, application, system, device, access, and hardware issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Network security experience.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications
- Self-starter / self-motivated / flexible
- Reliable and dependable
- Positive customer-focused attitude
- Honest with good integrity
- Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
- Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
- Works in an office and/or machine shop environment.
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs
- May crawl under desks, climb ladders, run wires
- Must adhere to company safety policies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $27.00 per hour