Website ASCENTEC ENGINEERING, LLC.
This position will provide engineering support, problem solving.
Spaceflight hardware built at Ascentec supports our ambition for Commercial Human Spaceflight, and is used in dozens of launches per year. Interns have a direct opportunity to influence how that hardware is built. Come join our team!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
· Technical evaluation, risk analysis, and process flow and estimation of new products.
· Identify and implement process improvement and corrective actions.
· Problem escalations.
· Machine programming.
· Engineering review for at-risk jobs.
· Work directly with customer engineering.
· Project Management.
· Tool and fixture design and planning.
· Assist with quality control plans.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
– Must have 2 years engineering experience in extracurricular technical projects.
– Experience with machine programming, Arduino, or other coding.
– Experience with project management or team environments.
– Minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering Junior or Senior year.
– Excellent blue print reading skills and knowledgeable in GD&T
– Self-Starter / Self-Motivated / Flexible / Detail Oriented
– Reliable and dependable
– Positive customer focused attitude
– Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
– Honest with good integrity
– Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
– Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
– Team player
– In a typical day the employee will spend time in the office and on the production floor.
– May on a regular basis walk, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
– The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
– Competitive pay
– Flexible paid time off
– Awesome work environment