Ascentec Engineering, LLC.
Are you a technical thinker with a process-oriented mind? Do you find motivation in troubleshooting and implementing change? Ascentec Engineering is looking to hire one full time Sustaining Engineer. This position is a great fit for someone that enjoys working in a technical, process driven environment. In this role, you will be able to manage various projects in a precision machining environment from directly supporting engineers, problem solving, and implementing process development.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience in CAD modeling and CNC machine programming, as well as project management experience. Experience working with aerospace and or spaceflight components an added plus.
Ascentec Engineering was founded locally in 2001 by a team of engineers with a diverse background in various manufacturing processes. Their preliminary mission to design innovative and productivity-enhancing tools/fixtures, ultimately supported the technological changes within the industry throughout the past decades. From this experience, Ascentec Engineering sustained the mission of providing high value, innovative, and expeditious tooling, and parts solutions unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in Tualatin, Oregon, Ascentec has expanded to other continents with offices and facilities in India and Malaysia and now expanding to Dallas, Oregon.
- Technical evaluation, risk analysis, and process flow and estimation of new products.
- Identify and implement process improvement and corrective actions.
- Problem escalations.
- Machine programming.
- Engineering review for at-risk jobs.
- Work directly with customer engineering.
- Project Management.
- Tool and fixture design and planning.
- Assist with quality control plans.
- Must have experience in CAD modeling.
- Experience with CNC machine programming preferred
- Experience with project management or team environments.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Excellent engineering drawing reading skills and knowledgeable in GD&T.
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay DOE + E
- Dental and Medical w/vision coverage insurance plans offer
- STD/LTD & Life insurance plans offer
- FSA and DCA available
- PTO and Holidays pay
- Immediate 100% vesting Safe Harbor 401(k) retirement saving plan with matching contributions offer
- Educational aid program available
- Purchase discounts, membership discounts, and many other incentives
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment – no theft or offense against the person convictions in the past 7 years.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.